Supportive Parent or Pushy Parent? | Turning Point: The Official Dr. Phil Blog This is a good article from Dr Phil, about how he raised his boys who are now grown up. I do this with my kids let them try different things. They stick what they enjoy. My son had been doing tennnis since he was 4 years old, all his friends quit. He persisted it didn't worry him that he didn't know the other kids in the class. I admired him for this as it show he really loves the sport itself. He has just started competition tennis and it is quite overwhelming. He doesn't really know the rules only that you have to hit the ball within the lines. His first match up was against the coaches son who is the same age as him. Somehow he won. The coaches son was very upset he was arguing with the umpires 12 to 15 year olds and later he even kicked my son. luckily I was there I called over his Mum to intervene. The other matches or rounds as the coach says were against 9 year olds , kids 2 years older....
Awesome, difficult and fun. Luke Harrop Memorial Triathlon Gold Coast 1/5/2011 Enticer. Completed by me in under 1 hour. Cost $55 I did some some short distance tris when I was in my 20's and I didn't mind wearing 2 piece sports bikini for the whole event. Now 20 years later its a whole different ball game. I need padded bike pants so my glutes don't hurt. I need a singlet so I don't get sunburnt. SWIM -300 m- everybody had those one piece 3/4 thigh Trisuits. Priced some $250, can you surf in them also -NO because sand will damage it. Its designed to be sleek and repel heat and go though the water. Anyway the only one piece cossie I had was my blue Lifeguard one from Seaworld. With a large "lifeguard" written on the behind. Lucky none wanted me to save them! I felt so expose showing my thighs when everyone else had there 3/4 leg trisuits on. Did fantastic in the swim came in with some girls from the heat before. I had technique I started at the back and...
Surfing Mums and some surfing History about me Salty Surfing Mums Group : Gold Coast QLD- Coolangatta Surfing Mums I also used to go to the Alley Surfing Mums. Time surfed: I started surfing when I was 15 year old on a standup board. I grew up at Bondi Beach a place with the worst surf and the biggest crowd. In summer you can't even find a place to put your towel. I did all my schooling there. I was always at the beach body surfing and using a surf mat then a boogie board. I was scared that the fiberglass board would hit me that's why I didn't start till I was 15. There were no surf school back then so I learned to stand on my knees first that took 6 months and then stand up another 6 months. I remember catching the whitewash and just dreaming about being able to go out the back and blend in not look like a kook. That's one of the reasons I coached surfing for years because you can learn to stand in 1 hour. Back then there were hardly any girls that surfed a...
Comments
Post a Comment
LEave me a message. Tell me about your surf and family.